Gibraltar Airport Polled 4th in Most Scenic Airport Landing 2017
Following PrivateFly’s poll on the ‘Top 10 Most Scenic Airport Landings of 2017’, Gibraltar International Airport was voted in 4th place.
Thousands of global travel fans voted in PrivateFly's annual Scenic Airports Poll this year. Over 122 different airports around the world received a mention, including those chosen and shortlisted by
PrivateFly’s expert judging panel.
The complete Top 10 Most Scenic Airport Landings was as follows:
1. Saba Airport (Juancho E Yrausquin), Caribbean
2. Donegal Airport, Ireland
3. Nice Cote d'Azur Airport, France
4. Gibraltar Airport, Gibraltar
5. Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
6. London City Airport, UK
7. St Maarten Princess Juliana International Airport, Caribbean
8. Orlando Melbourne Airport, USA
9. Barra Airport, Scotland, UK
10. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
Comments from the public included: "Coming in from either East or West, the approach offers amazing views of this jewel of the Med. Love Gib to bits."
One of the Poll’s judges, Tom Otley, said: "Gibraltar has stunning views, the iconic rock and a very short runway on the border of two countries."
The poll has already been receiving international media coverage.